Proper air flow in and out of your attic is key to ensuring a healthy environment for you,
your family, and your home. Insufficient air flow in your roof can lead to:
1. Higher energy costs: The hotter your attic, the harder your air conditioner has to
work to cool your home.
2. Trapped moisture in your attic: Condensation and moisture in your attic can lead
to mold and decay, which is unhealthy for your family and can be costly to
3. Roof deterioration: Excess heat and moisture can also lead to the premature
deterioration of your roof.
4. Ice damming: Ice damming occurs when snow melts on your roof and then
refreezes under your shingles, creating spaces between the shingles and reducing
the effectiveness of your roofing system. Ventilation allows excess heat from your
home to escape in a controlled way, rather than seeping from your home at
random and increasing the melting rate of snow and ice.
So how can you protect your home from improper ventilation and air flow?
1. Exhaust vents installed along the peaks of your roofline
2. Bathroom and kitchen exhaust vents
3. Power fans
Contact us today about your roof’s ventilation concerns!
Feze Roofing, Inc. is an Illinois licensed roofing contractor operating in the Chicagoland
area and has been family owned for over 35 years. Your home is your investment. Let us
help you protect it. Call us today at 630-530-5944 or fill out a contact form for a free